Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Night Before...

Writing comes easiest to me when I'm emotional.  The words dance around in my head and snake their way into sentences.  Tonight I am emotional and there's lots of dancing going on.

Jason and I are heading home tomorrow and I so don't want this trip to end.  For so many reasons.  We have had the most peaceful, relaxing two weeks you can imagine.  We have hung out with my folks and talked about nothing, no worries, no life-altering events.  We've skirted around all that for the most part, skimming over it, but not dwelling on it.  No, this trip was to forget about it, to forget about what's to come.  And for the most part, we did.  Or pretended we did.  It creeps into my brain ever so slowly, and I smack it away again.

Until today.  There it is, we head home tomorrow and get into doctors' appointments next week.  There will be no skirting it then.  So it's in my head as I say my goodbyes to the wonderful people my parents have in their lives.  People who hug me, pray for me, and honestly wish me well.  Mom, Dad, Jason and I settle in for a final supper together (Papa John's pizza - so very delicious that we had it three times while we were here!) and it's in my head.  I want it to go away for just one more night, so I smack it away, just for a little while.

Now it's late.  We still need to pack.  Hopefully I can keep the thoughts at bay for just a little while longer...

xoxo
...Kare

2 comments:

  1. thinking of you, Kare. let it go and talk about it, it may just be a good thing to talk about that elephant in the room. love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so happy that you and Jason enjoyed your stay with us and were able to put your worries aside for awhile. Now that you are back to Halifax and reality you'll have to work on getting through your treatments and back on the road to good health. Take care of yourself and before you know it we'll be home. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete