Saturday, February 12, 2011

It Hasn't All Been Smooth Sailing | Halifax, NS

For the most part, I've been recovering pretty well.  There have been a few hiccups in the past week; nothing horrible, just enough to make life interesting.

The bandages came off on Monday.  Seeing yourself for the first time with a fresh scar isn't easy.  It took me a few days, but now where I see a scar I see survival.

I also had an unplanned trip to the hospital where the nurse suggested my breast may explode because of the excess fluid from the surgery.  "Don't panic," she said.  Really?  Because I'm pretty sure no matter what you tell me, if my breast explodes I'm going to panic. 

Deodorant.  It may just be the greatest invention ever.  I'm just sayin.


...Kare


email:  karenk{at}eastlink.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment